Is my tank cycled?

mgudyka

Hi all,

I am not totally sure if it's time but here are some details.

My tank has been running since Feb 28 and I have seen the water parameters go through a number of changes, particularly in the last week.

The images included are my results from last Friday and today. I have tested my waterultiple times in between and I have seen a spike and dip in ammonia, and then a spike and dip of nitrite. No big spike in nitrates BUT is there a chance to that has something to do with all of the plants that I have that appear to be thriving?

Does this all mean that I am ready to bring fish into my tank? 

20210312_211709.jpg

20210319_074731.jpg

• Like 2

From what you have explained, that looks like a Cycled Tank. Nice Job! 

The plants could be a reason why your NH3/4 levels dropped, but if nitrites dropped too, then I'd say your cycled. Prior to adding fish, dose some Seachem Stability, it works over 3days (approx.) buffering your BB to accommodate the fish you add. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Solidus1833 said:

From what you have explained, that looks like a Cycled Tank. Nice Job! 

The plants could be a reason why your NH3/4 levels dropped, but if nitrites dropped too, then I'd say your cycled. Prior to adding fish, dose some Seachem Stability, it works over 3days (approx.) buffering your BB to accommodate the fish you add. 

Hooray!! Also that's the kind of advice I was hoping I would get (adding the stability since I wasn't sure what else I might need to get)

22 minutes ago, Fishdude said:

Looks good - nice work! I always love it when the patience pays off. I agree that there's a decent chance plants have kept the nitrates down (that's happened in all of my tanks). 

Yay! I am very happy about it since I went the fishless route and I like all my plants 

• Like 1