keddre

What’s a good light for a standard 55? I see aquarium co-op’s website recommends a fluval 3.0 for “high” light, but wanted some second opinions. Currently I’m running a marine land from an old reef tank, but my cabomba is stretching for light, getting leggy and lost it purple color. I also want to venture into other red plants and carpeting plants, so it’s time for an upgrade 

I've had good luck with my Finnex lights. My first was a fugeray planted+ which is very bright, but not programmable. I got the planted+ CRV after that. It's a little dimmer, maybe 85-90% at full power but programmable.

On my 20G I have the CRV set to about 60% for 3pm and 6pm (it fades in and fades out in the 3hour block before and after the on cycle) I'm experimenting a little bit because my java ferns are showing signs of light burn. I had it at 100% at 6pm. Trying a lower and slower approach. Plus it's spring so the tank is getting more natural light

The  fluval 3.0 is a good choice while it is a "high" light it too is programmable so you can tone it down.

• Thanks 1