BenA

Two weeks ago (or so) I have finished to cycle the 110gl tank, drained all old water out and replaced with fresh water, let it sit for few days before I transferred the fish. Few days ago the water became cloudy white. The only reason that I could think off are the few leaf that I let to rot (wanted the potential nutrients go into the water). I have boiled all wood that I could and kept the rest in heavily salted water for 3 months in order to sterilize them, the only piece of wood that wasn't treated is the root. Is it possible that the fungus on the root causes the water to cloud? Even if it is not, how can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Fungus.jpg

time is going to be your friend.  you will get some growth/bloom off of the wood, but likely draining all the water from the "cycled" aquarium knocked the snot out of a lot of the beneficial bacteria. it may take a few days to a couple of weeks, but i'd bet it clears up on its own, assuming you dont start doing panic water changes, and adding chemicals and whatever else trying to fix it.

Edited by lefty o