Cotton mouth and ????

KaitieG

This is my very first visible disease issue ever (I've only been in the hobby about 2 1/2 years).  I moved my 20 gallon tank last week, which involved draining almost all of the water.  I essentially ended up with about an 80% water change.  I'm not sure if that's at the root of the issue or not, but I'm thinking that the stress of the moving/water temp possibly swinging/large water change may have upset something.  Anyway...

Temp: 78

Ph: 8.2 

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: was 0 before meds, now .5

Nitrate: 20 

Gh: about 300

Kh: about 200

I have 11 neon tetras in the tank, 1 betta, 5 cory habrosus, and 1 lone WCMM who's the last of his small school.  2 of the neons are showing signs of something being wrong.  Neon #1 has a white bump near his mouth, like this:

spacer.png

Neon #2 has a dull whitish patch on one side and it looks like the scales are slightly raised.  It takes up about 1/3 of his side.  I cannot get a picture of him with the cloudiness of the meds in the water, and I can't find anything really similar online.  

The other fish look good.  Everyone, including the affected neons are swimming and schooling normally.  They are still in their normal community planted tank because I have fish in both my QT tub and 10 gallon QT tank that I've been getting ready to put in the 95 gallon community tank. 

I've treated with Maracyn and Ich-X for 3 days so far with no improvement and also no worsening of the disease per this article: https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/fish-fungus

I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Should I remove the affected fish?  Do salt baths in a 5 gallon tub?  Keep going with the meds and hope they start working?  Different meds?

They can get lumps like this on there mouths with neon tetra disease they could be  something else going such as a tumor symptoms of neon tetra disease is loss of colour cyst on body and mouth restlessness curved or bent spine @KaitieG

Screenshot_20210318-130207~2.png

Edited by Colu

Thanks for the reply--I've had these neons for over 6 months.  Does NTD show up after that long?  There are no bent spines/wasting/etc. and no one new in the tank.  I'm finishing the QT in my temporary tub by tomorrow, so I'm thinking I'll pull out the 2 affected ones and put them in there to try salt and see how the rest do in the tank.  I haven't seen any improvement with Ich-X and Maracyn.

31 minutes ago, Colu said:

They can have it  for a long time before showing symptoms when they get stressed and and weak the disease starts to become visible

Well, I guess I'd better get rid of the two who don't look good, especially since treating them didn't seem to work, and then I just cross my fingers and watch the rest?

I would Qarantine them all there is still a possibility that something else is going on and treat with maracyn 2 if maracyn has helped and see if there's any improvement in a week 

Edited by Colu