Columnaris

NewFishMom

Hi! My husband and I are treating for fin rot, because I new something was off, but someone mentioned Colomarius, and I looked it up, and that explains everything.

But now I feel guilty for being wrong, and am not sure which meds to use. Some people say one thing, and others say another thing..

Please help! I want to be a good fish mom

When reading the Co op blogs aquarium salt is usually a go to for lots of illnesses and Maracyn also possibly even Ich-X. As far as dosing that I can't help with other then follow the instructions on the box. Hopefully someone chimes in on the dosing/dosage part. You know what just get the Trio meds and the salt and call it done. Doesn't hurt to treat for everything as this point.

Edited by MartyO
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Colu said:

columnaris is gram negative bacterial infection recommend treatment is maracyn2 and api furan 2 or kanaplex maracyn won't work it treats gram positive bacterial infections@NewFishMom

It is weird the why Maracyn says on the back of the bock that it treats columnaris?

Maracyn treats gram positive bacterial the most affective treatment against columnaris are antibiotics that treat gram negative bacterial infection maracyn 2 API furan 2 and kanaplex you can use maracyn and maracyn2 together it is highly infectious  disease so make sure you disinfect your nets and equipment so you don't spread it to other tanks

Edited by Colu