Aquaclear 50 Issue

ADMWNDSR83

After watching countless reviews, I decided to get an Aquaclear 50 for my 37 gallon tank.  Now, I realize just how short and skinny the intake tube is!  I feel like the water comes out of the outlet, and straight back into the intake.  Does anyone have any thought on this?  Am I overthinking it, or should I be concerned about the lack of filtration power.  I will also note I have an Aquarium Co-op sponge filter in the tank as well.

I also have an aquaclear 50. It works just fine, trust me. The intake is enough for a 37 gallon, it cleared up my 29 gallon in less than a day after stirring up my fluval stratum so much I couldn't see in the tank. I also have a sponge on my intake. If you're concerned with flow, make sure that the intake tube is pushed all the way to the left for the highest amount, but you should be good.

Yeah, the cloudiness is typical for a new tank. That's actually a really good thing, it means there's bacteria in the water. Time to celebrate! At that point, I put plants in my tank and it cycled for me so you might wanna do that, but I just put snails in my tank yesterday so I'd recommend talking to someone more experienced, but your filter is working just fine, trust me.