Angel Spawning issues

FallenNecro

So I'm starting to go to my wits end with this pair. They just had their 5th spawn on the 8th, and this time they actually left the eggs alone, unfortunately they all turned white. I know I have a male and a female in the breeding tank, and they did a really good job of protecting the eggs this time around when I had to remove them (Angel nips hurt sometimes!) . I don't know if the problem is with my male, or my female, but it seems like none of the eggs are getting fertilized at all. The last 4 eggs turned white the day they should have hatched, but were an amber color before that. This has been a reoccurring problem with this pair, in that they either eat all of the eggs or all of the eggs end up white. I've tried both peroxide and meth blue and neither seem to work. Should I just start pulling the eggs or try a few more times or split the pair? They naturally paired off and would have beautiful offspring, but I have three other pairs im waiting on to spawn. She lays a good amount of eggs each time, but he doesn't seem to be getting with the program very well lol.

What makes you think you have a male and female?  Have they had any eggs hatch?  Not uncommon for two females to have eggs.  
what type/kind wild?  
water flow could be to high or eggs to close to filter output and inlet.

• Like 1

Oh just looked at your post again.   The four eggs?  You said turned white day they should hatch...  but amber before that...   at that point if you look closely the eggs should have been (eyed-up) had some development.   
Good Luck 

14 hours ago, Brian said:

What makes you think you have a male and female?  Have they had any eggs hatch?  Not uncommon for two females to have eggs.  
what type/kind wild?  
water flow could be to high or eggs to close to filter output and inlet.

Breeding tubes. She laid the eggs he came behind and fertilized. This is their 5th spawn, and none of the 5 spawns they've had so far have hatched. They laid their first spawn in January of this year, so it's a new young pair. They are tank raised, p. scalare, female is "Silver/False Altum" and male is Gold Marble. This last spawn, they were all amber the day she laid them, then over the next three days they all turned white. She didn't eat any of the eggs this time either. I only run a sponge filter in the tank and they were far enough away from the flow. I keep a very low flow on all of my tanks since I keep Angels and Gourami and they don't like high flow. 

Yeah, the last four eggs I pulled and put them in with a airstone to see if I could get them to hatch, but they turned white within a few hours. She lays around 400+ eggs each spawn but I'm thinking they just aren't getting fertilized, because I noticed on day two he went back over them and seemed to be fertilizing them again. I raised this pair up from dime sized, and they hit breeding size at the end of december. It's probably where they are a new pair and I know it'll take some trial and error. TBH I'm just glad they finally stopped eating their spawns lol

I know your pain. I’ve had pairs do similar things. I had a pair spawn almost 100% for awhile then do exactly what your talking about . And now it’s just kind of hit or miss with that pair. I will say hi flow in my experience has a negative effect on the rate. Also a lot of people say the angle of the slate matters a lot. 

4 hours ago, FrostiesFishes said:

I know your pain. I’ve had pairs do similar things. I had a pair spawn almost 100% for awhile then do exactly what your talking about . And now it’s just kind of hit or miss with that pair. I will say hi flow in my experience has a negative effect on the rate. Also a lot of people say the angle of the slate matters a lot. 

Surprisingly they wont lay on the slate or a breeding cone, the only thing they will lay on is an amazon sword i put  in there. ive tried removing the sword a few times and they just wont lay on anything else lol. but they hide behind the slate as well tho so, idk. I'm hoping my platnium pair will give me better luck.

They spawned again last night, this morning all white eggs no amber ones, and very few eggs to boot so I assume they ate them. I removed all the eggs and did a water change. Looking like my Two community pairs are having a spawn off in the big tank atm so I'll keep you posted~

• Like 1