Indoor Hydroponic Aquarium Garden

wilkyb

I’ve been doing aquariums for the past four months or so now. I’ve had really satisfying results there, and I also have a product that I am developing for sale & doing DIY workshops. The product is *drums roll*  1-4 gallon jar aquariums.

This system here is going to be used for growing plants that I will transplant hydroponically to the jar aquariums.

A few questions: Which plants are easiest to control, will transplant happily, and look the nicest?

In my main aquarium I hang pothos from the water column. I wish for something like this for starter vines, but with flowers! That would be nice.

I’ll provide more details if/as the questions & comments come

14799B21-AAEB-4870-A262-A61CB1086257.jpeg

4B8A2987-E720-4C56-8EFA-10E2E7D12469.jpeg

2F391280-81AF-4870-9864-FEA340CA0F30.jpeg

00C5559A-DF7B-4904-8F49-95A4E4842EF2.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a Japanese peace lily above my tank, I'm not sure how good it is at removing nutrients though. And now that I reread your post I don't think this fits what you're looking for...

Very cool setup though! Is it all gonna be done within the plastic tub?

6 minutes ago, Koi said:

Very cool setup though! Is it all gonna be done within the plastic tub?

Yup. I’ll be adding support braces / slots for the plastic planters to sit their butts in the aquarium. As well, I’ll have to think of something to stop the centre middle from bowing out with the added water. I won’t be drilling into this cabinet.