Aquarium Coop's Brine Shrimp eggs

MauiAquarium

Does your Brine Shrimp need to be refrigerated once opened?

All of a sudden all hatching has stopped.

We are re-ordering but have small fry needing a constant supply and nobody on Maui has any Artemia eggs!

Also, is there a phone number for your store?
John  808 268 5000

Storage:

It's best to store eggs where they'll be exposed to the least amount of oxygen, humidity and heat. Eggs need moisture, oxygen and warmth to start hatching. Most hobbyists find that keeping the eggs in the fridge or freezer long term is the best solution.

• Like 1

Hi @MauiAquarium,

That is a bummer about your brine shrimp eggs.  My thought would be the higher humidity in Maui would also play a factor in the eggs going bad.  Typically I can leave my eggs in my fish room in a sealed container for about 2 weeks with no degradation in hatch, but my fish room is very dry with the dehumidifier running 24/7 to keep humidity at <35%.

Regarding the store phone number, it is currently unlisted.  Feel free to email us at shipping@aquariumcoop.com for support.

• Like 1

In case you're wondering why its unlisted there's a thread about it.  The TLDR is that they're a victim of their own popularity and they can't properly server their in store customers while the phone rings off the hook.