What fish would be best in 20gal outdoor tub?

Garren

What fish would be best in 20gal outdoor tub?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What fish would be best in 20gal outdoor tub?

• Medaka Ricefish
    • Whitecloud minnow
    • Other (list below)

Looking at getting some input on what everyone thinks about what fish would be best in a 20gal outdoor tub that I plan to overwinter as well. I never done a tub before and going to try. Having a tough time deciding on what fish I want to put in there.

Summers are hot and humid with day temperatures often above 90°F (32.2°C) on average. Nights are mild to warm in the 66°F (18.9°C) to 75°F (23.9°C) range and are warmer along the coast than the interior. Winters are mild to cold, with daily highs in the 58°F (14.4°C) to 62°F (16.7°C) range, while nights are between 38°F (3.3°C) to 42°F (5.6°C) along the coast.

Appreciate your inputs! 

I would do Neocaridina shrimp and put some CPDs out there as well for winter. But at your high temps for the summer you could put it in full shade that will help with the swings for the species listed above or if you did half sun you could probably breed a Cory or pleco species 

Edited by Taylor Blake
Changing my wording
  • Thanks 1

Honestly either one would work well. If you truly have no preference I'd go with whichever one there is a better market for in your area. It might make you a little more money in the fall when you sell off the excess from summer breeding and help fund your hobby. 

• Thanks 1

@ChefConfit never thought about the selling off portion of it. When talking with my LFS and I asked about ricefish they said they don't get them in often because they are hard to get for them and whiteclouds I only see at the bigbox LFS which don't except any trades or selling. Thank you for the comment...got me thinking now. 🤔