Angelfish hatching system

FrostiesFishes

1 hour ago, FrostiesFishes said:

Here’s a link to my new little hatching system. Any input is appreciated 

It's fun to experiment with different creative ideas. Have you successfully raised up a batch of Angelfish before this? Looks like you've got a fair bit of equipment, tanks etc. Just curious if this was a first go at that . . . 

@Fish Folk this will be the first time I’ve used the set up in the video. But I’ve spawned many angels in the past. In the video for a second you can see my copy of deans tray breeding system. But I’ve spawned a few different types of rainbows,corydoras,plecos,apisto’s,rams, shell dwellers, peacocks, guppies and goodieds . I’m currently  attempting to spawn lamp eye Congo’s, zebra acaras, l333 and l494 with no success yet. Most of these seem to be challenging or require RO  or seasonal spawning. one that is giving me trouble that I never expected is the Lamprologus Meleagris/Pearly Ocellatus. Yet again haven’t got them to spawn yet. 

Edited by FrostiesFishes
  • Like 1

@Fish Folk I’ll have to check those videos out, but from what I saw in your first video you didn’t have hardly any eggs with fungus compared to what my spawn was. I probably had half of the eggs be bad. And I think that’s what caused my issues. Do you change water on that specimen container? 

Edited by FrostiesFishes

11 minutes ago, FrostiesFishes said:

Do you change water on that specimen container? 

If your male has not properly fertilized the eggs, many will turn white and quickly fungus. We do not change water until the fry are all free swimming and eating. We do dose 1-ml / per gallon of over-the-counter 3% H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) every 12 hrs once eggs are pulled for 3x times. That mitigates done fungus buildup. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrostiesFishes said:

Yeah, idk why I get bad fertilization rates some times. It’s just a pair of angels and some rainbows in a 29. This is those same eggs from the video 24 hours later (today) 

Got an experiment for you to try: next time you pull, stick in two neocaridina. They’ll eat fungus and infertile eggs with our killifish. It would be groundbreaking if they could do that for angels.