Python water changer question

Chewyrat77

In my 40 breeder full of Endlers, mystery snails and shrimp, I just use the tube without the attachments and keep my thumb hovering over it. Water changes with the python are tricky in that tank. Tiny fish and shrimp see that tube go in and it's immediately something they want to swim over and check out. Shrimp crawl all over my hand the second it goes in the tank, so I have to be very careful. I don't gravel vac in that tank, so it works for me. 

I am assuming you mean for the wide long tub?
Sponge.   A very course Aquarium Co Op sponge .   Just remember before removing it from the water and breaking the suction.....    turn the part that is in the water upside down.   Rinse and repeat ...
A Side Note- Keep several of these around... can always drop one in a fry tank or help seed another filter before rinsing.   

• Like 1

I picked up a trick from a youtube video that uses an aquaclear 70/110 intake extension tube snugly fit on the end of the python water change hook. I just shoved some filter floss in the extension tube and it works great to block shrimp from getting sucked up.