How nermy are you?

Daedalus

So, January I had shoulder surgery (3 complete tears in my rotator cuff and bicep).  I have been just sitting watching my fish and fish YouTube.   Wife comes home I tell her day after day how bored I am.   She says get dress taking you to dinner and wherever you want. So I picked pet store hoping...   lol.  

• Haha 6

Tonight’s conversation with my husband:

Me: “I don’t think of myself as a nerd. Even though I probably qualify.”

Him: pats my knee “Everyone on that fish forum of yours is a nerd.”

Me. “We’re not nerds, we’re nerms. We pretend to be normal in real life so it’s normal plus nerd equals nerm.”

Him: “That just elevated you to a whole nother level of nerd!!!”

Edited by Hobbit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, jkt001 said:

My girlfriend asking "did you ask Cory (aka the forum)?" every time I have a fish question. 

Same! 

I send updates with photos to my family every week. They've stopped answering.

I work in fashion and now think buying new plants is more exciting than shoes. On a scale of one to ten, that's a 17. 

• Haha 1

Although new to the hobby, I have notifications for my top youtube favorites, which includes but is NOT limited to:

KGT Tropicals, Aquarium co op (and a member as well) as well as more Aquarium Co Op, Prime Time Aquatics, Fish For Thought, Girl Talks Fish, The Small Scape, Goliad Farms, The king of DYI, Keeping Fish Simple, Flip Aquatics, Quebec Cichildes (because I am Canadian, and Quebec is where I am from), George Farmer, Oliver Knot... and a few others.. you get the point. Oh, and my family knows not to call me during Shark week! NEVER! Don't disturb me! LOL 

Here is how my husband participates and keeps it all straight (and I quote), is that the yellow, blue and brown M&M's guy? Is that the couple from Chiago? Is that the couple with all the Betta fish you want? 

Not sure if this classifies me as a Nerm, or a person that when I become interested in something new, I want to know all I can to become confident, and master any new hobby or interest I have. I am on the forum A LOT. Sometimes just reading comments, or other peoples questions or issues. Its helpful! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jkt001 said:

My girlfriend asking "did you ask Cory (aka the forum)?" every time I have a fish question. 

She seems to think Cory and I are on a first name basis....I don't tell her that we have never met, spoken, communicated in any way haha. 

• Haha 1