Ghost Shrimp and Salt?

Mengo

I'd be very cautious. A light treatment might be OK, but you'd be safer using Epsom Salt rather than Table Salt. If you're treating with magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) rather than sodium chloride (table salt) you're on the safer side -- but still risky. Are you treating sickness in a situation where salt is your only option due to medication regulations? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

I'd be very cautious. A light treatment might be OK, but you'd be safer using Epsom Salt rather than Table Salt. If you're treating with magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) rather than sodium chloride (table salt) you're on the safer side -- but still risky. Are you treating sickness in a situation where salt is your only option due to medication regulations? 

I'm currently treated ich in my main tank. I have the temp up to 82f and I'm also dosing api liquid super ick cure. The fish with ick was a platy but now it's fine, except that I now suspect it has some internal parasite. It has refused to eat for 3 days straight. I've tried soaking it food in garlic juice but that didn't work. I currently don't have any other meds than ick meds so i'm using salt. Initially, I wanted to take the platy out and put it in my 2 gal shrimp tank where the plants in there could easily be moved but i didn't know if ghost shrimp were salt tolerant. But its all good now, i've move the platy to a 3 gal bucket with an air stone and heater with water from the main tank. btw could someone identify what's happening to my platy, what salt level treats it and for how long. Thanks!