New Tank 3rd try with plants

I did a water change today 50% this time and waited around an hour and took another test this is what I got.  I will continue like you guys said once a week do the change test the water for the nitrate till I can get to the correct levels thanks again.  Also I will pick some more plants up like Jungle Fan mentioned! 

1t.JPG

2t.JPG

1 hour ago, remathes said:

I did a water change today 50% this time and waited around an hour and took another test this is what I got.  I will continue like you guys said once a week do the change test the water for the nitrate till I can get to the correct levels thanks again.  Also I will pick some more plants up like Jungle Fan mentioned! 

1t.JPG

2t.JPG

Save yourself some pain. Just test Nitrates for now. Everything else looks fine. If your fish are good, then let's focus on plants. And we will monitor plants and algae via our Nitrates test for now. 

Wait 2 days, and do another water change. How many gallons is your tank?

16 hours ago, Mmiller2001 said:

Save yourself some pain. Just test Nitrates for now. Everything else looks fine. If your fish are good, then let's focus on plants. And we will monitor plants and algae via our Nitrates test for now. 

Wait 2 days, and do another water change. How many gallons is your tank?

20 gallon

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, remathes said:

20 gallon

Hello all, I wanted to post back and let everyone know that without the sound advice and kind folks here I would probably have lost my tank.  I have done all the things mentioned, water changes every week 50% added more plants as well as re-planted the baby anub in one of the planters from aquariumcoop! it looks amazing by the way.. and I added some fast growing plants.  Also adjusted the lighting to what was recommended all I can say is this saved my tank and my sanity see the pics of what everyone one else in this community did for me!

image_72192707.JPG

image_50751489.JPG

image_50421505.JPG

image_50417921.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, remathes said:

Hello all, I wanted to post back and let everyone know that without the sound advice and kind folks here I would probably have lost my tank.  I have done all the things mentioned, water changes every week 50% added more plants as well as re-planted the baby anub in one of the planters from aquariumcoop! it looks amazing by the way.. and I added some fast growing plants.  Also adjusted the lighting to what was recommended all I can say is this saved my tank and my sanity see the pics of what everyone one else in this community did for me!

image_72192707.JPG

image_50751489.JPG

image_50421505.JPG

image_50417921.JPG

Good to hear. Looks like hornwort in there now?