JaredL

I'm trying out my diy BBS hatcher with the upside down 2ltr bottle and an airstone at the bottom. My question is, how will I know when the shrimp have hatched? Will I visibly be able to tell even with the airstone running and water circulation? Do I need to turn off the air and wait for things to settle? It's kind of hard for me to guess a time frame as well since I've been having to play with the light height to keep the water heated to where I want.16155182103392445750736363364158.jpg.7e876cb6185af8012c12078f0cdfe5b2.jpg

Today i tried harvesting, had just started and then i looked again and they weren't hatched yet. I had been heating my home more but i took a break today so the brine were delayed. Sometime soon i'll look for one of those lights that can be adjusted so i can have more consistent hatches.

Good luck

• Like 1

I get 18-24h hatch generally. my house is warm, and I keep a light on the hatchery during the day to keep it warmer. When the brine starts to hatch you will notice the water looks golden orange. when you pull the airline in about 5 minutes my brine settles. I dont use an airstone, just an open line, and I also put the light at the bottom, both to get more heat on the hatchery (heat rises) and because the brine will actively swim towards the light.

• Like 1