• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/22/2022 at 9:12 PM, BradfordAquatics said:

I've always wondered why no one seemed to be breeding for golden longfins. I'm glad to see that someone is and that you're devoted to making them exceptionally nice and healthy too

I believe white cloud isn't popular enough for anyone to even try

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 12:57 AM, WhitecloudDynasty said:

Just wanted to share some updated photo of some of the breeder

Screenshot_20230219_131859_Gallery.jpg.3535dd17618ba0511f36eac232ad74e9.jpgScreenshot_20230219_131846_Gallery.jpg.c8f59bd7c74be21bceeecd15afd41dbf.jpg

When might you make some of these available?  That’s allowed now on the forum, just in case you hadn’t realized yet.  😆  I’m pretty sure I could find a tank for some.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:48 AM, Odd Duck said:That’s allowed now on the forum, just in case you hadn’t realized yet.  😆  I’m pretty sure I could find a tank for some.

It’s good to know it’s allowed. 

On 3/25/2023 at 1:57 AM, WhitecloudDynasty said:

Just wanted to share some updated photo of some of the breeder

Screenshot_20230219_131859_Gallery.jpg.3535dd17618ba0511f36eac232ad74e9.jpgScreenshot_20230219_131846_Gallery.jpg.c8f59bd7c74be21bceeecd15afd41dbf.jpg

Nice  colors and the fins are noticeably longer. I like the silver tips on the one too. 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:48 AM, Odd Duck said:

When might you make some of these available?  That’s allowed now on the forum, just in case you hadn’t realized yet.  😆  I’m pretty sure I could find a tank for some.

I have sold some on getgills early this year..but they aren't where I want them yet.

+1. I had messaged you on GetGills not long ago asking for regular longfins, but these golds are really impressive as well. I look forward to getting some of either from you when they come into stock. 

I'm sure you've seen a ton of fish with different qualities throughout your breeding project. I'd be curious to hear if there have been any unique traits that you have seen but not yet worked on selecting for. 

On 3/28/2023 at 3:40 PM, lewk said:

+1. I had messaged you on GetGills not long ago asking for regular longfins, but these golds are really impressive as well. I look forward to getting some of either from you when they come into stock. 

I'm sure you've seen a ton of fish with different qualities throughout your breeding project. I'd be curious to hear if there have been any unique traits that you have seen but not yet worked on selecting for. 

I have seen alot of nice traits, I just don't have the room to work with everyone. This year I'm rebuilding my longfin line back up and breeding my regular golden. Since I already have the golden longfin gene in the fishroom I'm not worry about them to much, their time will shine again next year.

• 1 month later...

Hello! It's amazing that I have been thinking about doing this same project and I found that you were already working on it! I have been following along with this thread and your youtube! I have a degree in biology, so genetics was a part of my curriculum and it is so fascinating. I am just about to start this as well. I have obtained golden color short fins and wild color long fins. I also have done the Punnett squares for the crosses. I'm excited to get this long term project going. Thank you for providing the information about the recessive alleles, it was very useful to know. I know you have had a lot of requests for these fish and I would also like to express interest in the future to widen the gene pool on my end as well. Thank you and your fish are beautiful! Great work!

• 4 months later...