Dr.rex

this was my community 10gal of assorted guppy/ albino corridora's/American Glass shrimp and a couple nitrite snails and a pleco that started my multiple tank syndrome

Edit 2 I don't test my water so I couldn't tell you what it is but it's Southern Illinois so just stupid hard water is all I know but I use natural regulator seven as my water conditioner so idk and they just got done with a set of API fungus, bacterial and parasite meds and salt.

Edit 3 Okay y'all after much research and consulting, sadly this is a failed general cure run that has resulted in the contamination of my tanks Live and learn I guess.

Edit 4 ,so with more research and the helpful people here I guess I've done a terrible identification and overreacted taking down most of my tanks, and I have to agree with the people here, it's Cyclops and deterias worms

so in the name of discussion, what is the best thing have y'all used to treat parasites.

IMG_20210310_234028.jpg

IMG_20210310_234035.jpg

IMG_20210310_235807.jpg

IMG_20210310_235902.jpg

IMG_20210310_235816.jpg

received_2825705124425336.jpeg

Edited by Dr.rex

So in the fish corner picture there's two active tanks left a 10 gallon shrimp tank (bottom right) and my new 20 gallon long, the 2 10s on top and the 5 under the 20 are broke down and drying out and the original 10 gallon on the bottom left with a little bit of water left in it is the one started all of this ****, but ill put pictures of the ones that are still up and that I'll truly have to deal with, but honestly I think I'm just going to bleach the others and be done with them for awhile anyway and just run my 10 and 20 for now

IMG_20210310_213136.jpg

IMG_20210310_213237.jpg

Okay I guess I need more research but ya I guess I do have a colony of these Cyclops things, I've never heard of them, seen them or even dealt with them so I'm not surprised I mistook them,  but I also have tiny clear worms on the glass, those are parasites or am I mistaken as well

IMG_20210311_045511.jpg

Edited by Dr.rex

What I see is a healthy ecosystem with detritus worms, snails, and cyclops. Parasites are rarely observed separate from their hosts. Your photos look just like what my cherry shrimp tanks look like, that is full of life because there is no top predator like a fish to graze on everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I be damed ,you're both right, Cyclops and detritus worms, I feel so stupid can't believe I mistook them for parasites and well started scrubbing I guess would be the right words for it, I guess that's what happens when you see something you never seen before you kind of freak out a bit, but that's what they are so I guess I need to learn how to take care of my new critters 

• Like 1