Can Anyone Tell What This Is?

Frank

Thanks for the identification, @Colu

With that, I was able to read up on columnaris.  Today, the fish looks better. I ordered the meds, but I'm really, really hoping to not have to use them. Meanwhile, he's getting salt.

Thanks again! I was panicking. 

Cotton mouth is a fungual infection that look like fluffy cotton tuffs on your fish it  usely grows on cuts or injurys and it can spread quickly on your fish especially when on it mouth stoping them from eating

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2021 at 12:55 PM, Colu said:

Salt can help treat some fungal infection and till you get fungus cure I would keep treating with aquarium salt

The fungus cure came today. 

The fish actually looks like it's recovering nicely without adding it to the salted water. But, the local store owner said that she never read any medication instructions that said it couldn't be used with salt. 

I'm trying to feed him and it looks like he's trying to eat. But, I want to be sure he's eating before I don't want him in there too long, if he's not eating. So, He's getting salt and medicine. 

Thanks for helping!

Today, my little guy appears to be 100% healthy, but I'm having trouble being sure. He just won't let me get a good look at him. 

Regardless,  he'll get the full treatment.  That means he'll get another dose, tomorrow. Then, it's another 48hrs wait.

The question now is: how rapidly can I re-acclimate him to the community tank water?

Edited by Frank