What is a fish you’ve always wanted but never get and can’t see yourself getting soon

Chiclid addict

I think this will apply for lots of people on this forum because of obviuos reasons...

But a MBU Puffer. If I were to get one it would probably be in 20-30 years when I have space for a 500-1000 gallon aquarium, and when I feel like I'm ready to dedicate an aquarium (especially that size of aquarium) to a fish for the 15ish years that they live. Oh and not to mention when I can afford such a costly food bill.

• Like 1

for me its a pea puffer.  I love those little guys but the wife says I can only have one tank, not counting the "temporary" quarantine tank on MY side of the bathroom, and the barrel pond in the back yard, and the secret fry tank under my desk.

• Haha 2

One of the advantages of being an old aquarist is I've kept everything I've wanted to keep. About 40 years ago I raised an arowana from an egg-sac bearing baby up to a 22" long monster. (They tend to be a bit dull as a fish in terms of personality though.) I've kept just about everything I've ever wanted to keep a one time or another. I'd love to have an enormous koi pond in a greenhouse setting, but lacking the quarter million dollars such a pond would cost I probably won't ever have that. Puffers are interesting but many of the larger ones turn into couch potatoes that just sit there much of the time. A marine fish I always liked but never got was the yellowhead jawfish. They dig deep burrows and will steal rocks from adjoining jawfish for their burrow only to have that jawfish come and steal it back when they get distracted. They're a pretty neat fish to watch in a big tank with a deep sand bed and several individuals in the tank. They have a lot of personality and watch the people as much as the people watch them. They're always looking for a new shell or stone to enhance their burrow and often steal it from a neighbor only to have that neighbor steal something from them. They're a very neat fish, but I've never had a tank for them. At one time or another though, I've pretty much kept everything I've wanted to keep.