Aquarium Memes Utility Thread

I love this idea lol. I would be happy to share all my meme templates and meme elements I've used and to workshop meme ideas here especially since several members here are pretty adept at "photoshopping", far more than I. Unless there is a more preferred way I'll work on making a google drive folder and link it here.

Meme Stuff Google Drive Link

I use MS paint and if I am feeling extra fancy I use pixlr for a little help and imgflip to add text. When I have an idea I like I'll give myself X minutes to complete it and call it done so I don't spend too much time on it, I figure some of the "low gradeness" adds to the meme's charm 🙂 .

Edited by TheDukeAnumber1
  • Like 2

I've found the meme generator app to be pretty useful for quick and common meme templates. 

1832503503_Screenshot_20210310-082252_MemeGeneratorFree.jpg.da102aade02af2d6363a1a037cf13d3f.jpg

I also use photoshop elements, but I usually have an idea when I'm away from my PC, but I always have my phone with me.

It makes good looking memes easy.1478771137_Screenshot_20210310-084039_MemeGeneratorFree.jpg.a7d6b893f37ab6a39c8f3fc0ae225184.jpg

Just add the text that you think is funny.

679478263_Screenshot_20210310-084248_MemeGeneratorFree.jpg.f29c7089dcb0f915221bfe0c187b73f2.jpg

You can even upload your own screenshots and pics for more customized memes.

1705679294_Screenshot_20210310-084448_MemeGeneratorFree.jpg.a12fb7918904c07041df688097ca75d2.jpg959288158_Screenshot_20210310-084734_MemeGeneratorFree.jpg.4dbb64898dc2f73d85fa414a84dec2ff.jpg

I hope that helps someone make better memes or gets them to start making memes.

• Like 3

Has anyone used any tools or sites to add text to animated gifs? I realized that I can export videos as looping gifs from my own stuff, or saved clips. I know I could use iMovie before a gif export, but that is more work.

Edited by Streetwise

• 3 weeks later...

More LoTR memes please!

Feel free to use this:

Aragorn:
The Beacons of Minas Tirith! The Beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid.

Cory:
And the Co-Op will answer. Muster the Moderators. Assemble the Forum at Dunharrow. As many Nerms as can be found. You have two days. On the third, we ride for Gondor and war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is something that is already a meme, but could probably get another layer of meaning with some clever text:

78CA6647-88DE-40D3-8BB6-49C05CB547DB.jpeg.ba88b55c847c7522387c250ba41ff4a2.jpeg

This was posted by both Xbox (Halo), and Bethesda (Doom), after Microsoft completed their acquisition.

Hopefully someone can have some fun with it, maybe even paired up with the image from Stepbrothers.

Edited by Streetwise
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 6:42 PM, Streetwise said:

I have an idea for Photoshop experts: put one fish in the helmet of Master Chief, and a stepbrother fish in Doomguy’s helmet.

Edit: Dean and Cory!

I could do a horrible job on it but I will wait for more talented photoshoppers 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey just stumbled upond this thread, what a great idea!

I'm a big fan of memes and make them myself as soon as I get a good idea. I used to make them on MS paint to make them or use third party websites but not too long ago I decided to use the experience I have with MS powerpoint (university student lol) to make the memes. I find it to be sooo much faster for me and it adds a lot of flexibility without having to learn or pay for expensive "pro" software.

If anyone is interested I could share files, give more in-depth examples of how I do it and provide additionnal tips on how I do/research my memes overall. 

• Like 1

I am given a adobe account for free from my school because I was enrolled in a graphic arts course this year. So lately I have been doing adobe photoshop to make my memes. All though yes, kind of complex and expensive it does the job for me. It does take a while to open up photoshop on my computer so If the meme is just a caption and then underneath a picture I will often edit it in the forum. I simply write in bold font in my post the caption and then upload the picture into the post underneath the caption, super simple. 

I am not enrolling in the graphic arts course next year meaning my account with adobe will expire (I think...) So I am resorting to simpler, and free programs. I have used paint.net a few times, but its not my favorite. I may start trying the powerpoint method though.

I found this meme template the other day and I have a pretty good idea for it. Feel free to use it also!

image.png.2b11e5945f13f69a4a14d5eb000fb767.png

Edited by James Black
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

In honor of Nerm Week, I am resurrecting this thread.

Please make a meme with this Pleco and the battle wagon from the latest episode of Westworld. Maybe someone can find an image.

Actually, any similar vehicle would be fun! Batmobile, Mad Max, etc.

There is probably a higher resolution version of this photo.

708628E2-2C9C-4C54-91DF-AEACFE7B3BF2.jpeg.53c42825676e2b4674f5184775f60b89.jpeg

This was intended to be the workshop thread for the Aquarium Memes thread, where the final products belong:

• Love 1