How to adjust flow on usb nano air pump

FrozenFins

I recently got the co-ops usb nano air pump, but not much air is coming out. I have seen images where there is LOTS MORE air, and was wondering how you do that. I have  a checkvalve on it but that doesn't work. I will show you how much air is coming out:

2_q3DL8UXyt6RSHww_22q7DeXXqFQJupUuZpfWZM_yO7DfYkk9AwSyDxXMeMkRwSaaxN8lDVdt66pDfR7HhZgRQrB2tX1rK_m9T5-35pxPF5wHnQMecdWBEu37buBMlDTT_XXaymOXFM4dYIO93DSMpk89HcPIPJ89j1B_cZ7eMHYmXWqjvHTEkDjj7f4r34ur2K6o-N4jB0Z-H3ZE15_IakFeudTZo-C0HPFBKwXEM1Tq_N0qbilDGoDWKduXYNAlLokylsUm6QkNyGazWare1rw0jHKc_G6bFqF8fyTkrSlfSxA43o624l-VLIoG4SUgu2Nf_xY_WKPXzfFMoHdU4KX53UCXC2FZNJM0_dWJXywQNinvgv8guv7xZCxXHYIE98nQg6eqdhlSvSkYkM2jhJcte4NVIz1bAHVQ8isXZ7nNyKBDing00bqgl5tvgQgrU-hlMf-ERlrWLVs45MgT0uAOkBRW_ZtbVY6Si-zbJ62RFKq7RfRsOS9n28kV5y5WCbiUe6Nop2JoQm_xLFhNZCvqMxHgBMe2Muw4UiiXsU6me3AD1tPuxx02y3Rix-cLTfdR_Vbk7A1tjIBZ6fw_bmbIt4WUyTjBU6X8aiU-m8FUzGJn4SfFcXE6iQ2-AKclMp4zqr_ezN1B7VN9AKOwhn4sQTIpoDUmMLm2O-oPCraMtY8U6fmHhbXsiQQg=w370-h657-no?authuser=0

And this is what I'm talking about when I say that other are able to get more flow out of it:

User picture

I have also tried adjusting the airstone, nothing seems to work. Does it need to be elevated?

Edited by JamesB

12 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I recently got the co-ops usb nano air pump, but not much air is coming out. I have seen images where there is LOTS MORE air, and was wondering how you do that. I have  a checkvalve on it but that doesn't work. I will show you how much air is coming out:

2_q3DL8UXyt6RSHww_22q7DeXXqFQJupUuZpfWZM_yO7DfYkk9AwSyDxXMeMkRwSaaxN8lDVdt66pDfR7HhZgRQrB2tX1rK_m9T5-35pxPF5wHnQMecdWBEu37buBMlDTT_XXaymOXFM4dYIO93DSMpk89HcPIPJ89j1B_cZ7eMHYmXWqjvHTEkDjj7f4r34ur2K6o-N4jB0Z-H3ZE15_IakFeudTZo-C0HPFBKwXEM1Tq_N0qbilDGoDWKduXYNAlLokylsUm6QkNyGazWare1rw0jHKc_G6bFqF8fyTkrSlfSxA43o624l-VLIoG4SUgu2Nf_xY_WKPXzfFMoHdU4KX53UCXC2FZNJM0_dWJXywQNinvgv8guv7xZCxXHYIE98nQg6eqdhlSvSkYkM2jhJcte4NVIz1bAHVQ8isXZ7nNyKBDing00bqgl5tvgQgrU-hlMf-ERlrWLVs45MgT0uAOkBRW_ZtbVY6Si-zbJ62RFKq7RfRsOS9n28kV5y5WCbiUe6Nop2JoQm_xLFhNZCvqMxHgBMe2Muw4UiiXsU6me3AD1tPuxx02y3Rix-cLTfdR_Vbk7A1tjIBZ6fw_bmbIt4WUyTjBU6X8aiU-m8FUzGJn4SfFcXE6iQ2-AKclMp4zqr_ezN1B7VN9AKOwhn4sQTIpoDUmMLm2O-oPCraMtY8U6fmHhbXsiQQg=w370-h657-no?authuser=0

And this is what I'm talking about when I say that other are able to get more flow out of it:

User picture

I have also tried adjusting the airstone, nothing seems to work. Does it need to be elevated?

Wild stab in the dark, are you sure the check valve is on the right way? Are there any clogs or kinks in your air hose? All my filters run on nanos and I just got some control valves to get them under control. Even the medium size filters look like the picture below.

That said, your top picture actually looks pretty ideal to me in terms of bubble size and frequency, but if you want more, yeah, I'd start checking the individual parts.

• Like 1

My sponge filter does the same thing sometimes. I think the reason for mine is the little bit of air line tubing I use to connect the air stone to the sponge filter gets loose. I’ll take out and clean the discs too but I’ll still don’t know which one is causing it.

Edited by Koi

Aeration equipment is fiddly stuff. I agree with @Daniel that using a thumbscrew control valve will probably help. Sometimes you get higher airflow if you close the control valve slightly, something to do with back pressure. Tightening the Ziss Never-Clog Air Stones will give smaller bubbles and slightly reduce the airflow, but the best way to regulate airflow is a control valve.

Boy I am Ms. Chatterbox tonight. Hey, I'm heading down to the fish room. Have a great evening all! 🖐️