Betta has white spots on one eye

Hemali

I got this guy 5 days ago and he's developed white spots on one eye and faint white spots on his tail fin, and on the body. Fins have holes in it too. Is this ich, fungus, bacterial, columnaris? I have api fungal cure, api general cure, api furan 2, ich x, api fin and body, and aquarium salt.

He hasn't eaten today. He just goes up gulps air then sits back down. It's a new tank, I put media from a established tank in the filter. I test ammonia daily. I think I may have hurt him when trying to net him about two days ago. Could I have caused this? 😞

1st photo when I got him
2nd 3rd photo today
4th the set up

5th hole in fins

Ammonia 0
nitrites0
nitrates5
Ph 7.8
Temp 77-78

747392-11f4a2cf2666671dddac01861dda2944.747387-63f87746bcb2f4f203cb0d43c9c4d2ce.747391-abaec68106acd71c249bd6b013b4edb9.747388-6de715b290bf6359eb3e5acaccbd5524.

20210307_183940.jpg.9d0d5ac0246ba68b1f8437f38efc4b69.jpg

Edited by Hemali

I just started treatment with api fungus cure and api fin and body cure (to treat the fin rot) and cracked the temp up to 85-86 incase its ich. After the fin rot treatments over in 4 days. Ill be starting treatment with ichx if he still has spots. The regimen for the api and ichx meds are different so I can't use at the same time. Also, can't find online if api and ich x are compatible. Oh, also added an almond leave and a resting platform right under the water surface for good measure. Api's website says all their products can be used in conjunction. He's already more lively. I'll let you all know my results ^_^

Edited by Hemali

He's doing way way better! All the spots are gone. Hes swimming around and active. 
He's interested in food, but he keeps spitting it out. I've tried given him bug bits, hikari fancy guppy micropellets, bloodworms (even cut into peices), and garlic soaked frozen brine shrimp. Im hatching out some brine shrimp. Maybe he'll like that. 😞
It's been 1.5 days since he's been back on his feet. . .fins. Does he just need time. The bacterial/fungal treatment is done but I still have the tank at about 84.5 incase it was ich. Wont this temp boost his metabolism and make him super hungry?

Has he eaten at all since you got him? When I got my betta, it took him several days to figure out that what I was giving him was food. I suspect he had eaten one thing for most of his life and it just took him a bit of time to get the taste of the new stuff.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Cory said recently in a live stream that (healthy) fish can survive two months without food, so even though your little guy is sick, he can still probably go two weeks easy. He may have a bit of an upset tummy from the treatment as well.

L

On 3/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, Colu said:

Higher temperatures will increase his metabolism if he doesn't eat frozen the try   hikari Betta bio gold 

14 hours ago, Hobbit said:

Has he eaten at all since you got him? When I got my betta, it took him several days to figure out that what I was giving him was food. I suspect he had eaten one thing for most of his life and it just took him a bit of time to get the taste of the new stuff.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Cory said recently in a live stream that (healthy) fish can survive two months without food, so even though your little guy is sick, he can still probably go two weeks easy. He may have a bit of an upset tummy from the treatment as well.

I snuck back into the room he's in the other day to see him picking the food off the bottom of the tank. Also, saw him playing in the bubbler yesterday. By this morning all the food was gone and he was eating the bug bits I gave him today. I'll have some freshly hatched brine shrimp for him ^_^

Thank you for your help and advice everyone! 😄

Edited by Hemali
  • Like 2

I think I know what he had its call epistylis. It's a bacterial infection that can commonly effect the eye and cause fin erosion ( the holes he had in his fin). The spots look a little different from ich in which they're more fungal looking. It's caused from poor water quality and he was sick when I got him from petco. Thought I'd share incase anyone else ever comes across this issue. ^_^
https://seriouslyfishy.club/epistylis-fish-illness/