Brand New Fish Dead

Romans116

So yesterday, I set up my first community tank. I have only had bettas before. It is a 10 gallon planted tank with 1 honey gourami, 7 ruby tetras, and 2 ember tetras. The store clerk accidentally gave me Ruby’s along with the embers. Everything was fine till I came home today to find to of the smallest 2 rubies dead on the surface :(. A bit later, one of the embers floated up. Nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia were zero. The only thing that looked a bit high was GH. I believe my tank was well cycled but I am kind of a newbie so maybe I did something wrong. The honey hasn’t been aggressive at all that I’ve seen. What could have killed my fish? 

I think that your  problem is just puting them in can shock them your pH and GH kH will be different from the water in the bag that whey you should add small amounts of water ever couple of minutes till the bag is full and then add them 

Edited by Colu

With delayed mortality syndrome they is nothing you can do it doesn't mean they will all die sometimes you will just lose a couple of fish there could be something else going on are they all eating ok and active what filter are you using do you have live plants in the tank

Edited by Colu

How much time did you spend watching them before you noticed a problem. That's the best way to know if they are breathing excessively. Another indicator if you are unaware of their normal breathing patterns is try to monitor them at night and see if it has slowed down any from the day when they are awake.