suggestions for siphon hose

CT_

3 minutes ago, Struggle said:

My favorite hose is the python hose, I’m not sure what they are made of but they’ve been the best out of several I’ve tried. You can buy the hose without all of the other attachments which is what I do.

I do use the python to fill my tanks but I go out the window into a drum with a syphon  when I drain or vacuum. We use the water for the garden. 

9 minutes ago, Struggle said:

My favorite hose is the python hose, I’m not sure what they are made of but they’ve been the best out of several I’ve tried. You can buy the hose without all of the other attachments which is what I do.

I agree. They’re really flexible, but they don’t kink either. I’ve used other flexible tubing, but they always kink here and there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Struggle said:

I was out of the house anyway so I checked my local lowes and they just had stiff vinyl tube so when I got home I ordered a python gravel vac.  Price was good and the description said its the same hose as all their other products so we'll see how it goes when i get it.

If you can find a hose that is actually rubber, it should be a lot easier to bend/pinch. 

My syphon hoses are some kind of silicon/??? blend.  I've had them so long I don't remember.  They are flexible, but not to the point where you can pinch them off.

I've been happy with python hoses - the only negative is they are expenses per foot. I have a couple of 25 feet hoses from them. I've tried cheaper tubing and they have a tendency to both pinch and grow mold (not sure why the python does not grow mold). Garden hoses as someone mentioned are always an option - they are a lot heavier and i worry if they are safe for fishes (yea as a kid like most people i drank from them but i would prefer they were label food safe).

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, Chrisdis said:

I do use the python to fill my tanks but I go out the window into a drum with a syphon  when I drain or vacuum. We use the water for the garden hose

On 3/8/2021 at 9:08 AM, Struggle said:

Python ones arre most lasting for sure