• Administrators

In my opinion, the fx4 is better value than the oase filter. They'll both work for you, I've heard roughly the same number of complaints from each, which i'd say means the oase have more problems, as the fx4 is sold probably 50 to 1 ratio. I personally have used the fx line for 10+ years and have always enjoyed them when needing a canister filter.

I was interest in it because of the heater. I just read that even though the filter is for up to 250 gallons the heater is only good for 85 gallons. Seems to defeat the purpose of having a heater in the filter, if you're still going to need on in the tank. I'm definitely going with the FX. Than you for the advice. It definitely pushed me over the edge to the FX.

1 hour ago, Jim T said:

I was interest in it because of the heater. I just read that even though the filter is for up to 250 gallons the heater is only good for 85 gallons. Seems to defeat the purpose of having a heater in the filter, if you're still going to need on in the tank. I'm definitely going with the FX. Than you for the advice. It definitely pushed me over the edge to the FX.

If you want a decent spray bar, I used to buy mine from a guy on ebay, however hes got an amazon store now. Just do some searches for fluval fx4 spray bar and it should populate. OR, you can just make one yourself. I love spray bars, got em in all my aquariums. 

• Thanks 1