Hungry Hungry Danios

mouseturd13

Hi everybody! 

I got repashy super green for my otocinclus but it seems like my zebra danios are scarfing it all down. I even fed them before and I waited until the light was off for bed time to put it in. Does anyone have any tips on how to get some food to my otos  without my danios sniffing it out like it’s the last time they’ll ever eat? 😂 

thank you! 

I’m having a similar issue... my snails have been doing a SUPER job in my cichlid tank, so I tried adding algae wafers to make sure they’re ok. I’ve tried feeding the fish first and waiting til lights out.  However, my cichlids devour them before the snails ever realize they are there.

• Like 1

I have never successfully fed my otos anything. 😆 Well, that’s not quite true—I’m pretty sure they ate some zucchini one time. But after months of adding algae wafers (which were the last food my other fish would go for), the otos never went for them. They are so difficult to feed!! But I have a lot of driftwood and plants, so their bellies are always round regardless.

If you’re worried about your otos not getting enough food, other people on this forum have suggested putting some rocks in water outside (or inside if it’s freezing) and letting algae grow, then transferring the rocks to your tank. I haven’t tried it myself but it seems like a good idea!