Any other photographers in the forum?

Sal

The new DSLR thread has me wondering if anyone else here is super into photography?  It seemed like there were a few of you out there!  What do you shoot with?  What kind of photography are you into?  I ran my own family portrait side-business for several years and also worked as a second shooter with my friend who is a wedding photographer, and really loved it!  I shoot with a Nikon D700, and D300, and have always REALLY loved shooting nature and macro photography.

If you are a photographer - share some of your favorite photos taken here!  

A few of my faves...

PHP_4606.jpg

PHP_9040.jpg

PHP_0678.jpg

PHP_9398.jpg

PHP_6942.jpg

PHP_9423.jpg

PHP_3601.jpg

DSC_3941.jpg

• Like 12

My iPhone is always with me so it gets a workout.

Here are baby sparkling gouramis shot with an iPhone:

372806767_babygouramis.jpg.b9bb632c109e2

And maple pollen, again with an iPhone and microscope:

530286052_Maplepollen2.PNG.b4d9d28331d8bee3f60c78445aaeeded.PNG

I do have 'photographer' cameras, some Canons and couple GH5s DSLRs I use mainly for video work, but nothing gets used as often as the old iPhone.

• Like 8

So cool, Daniel! The babies are so cute!  The pollen looks like coffee beans - that's so wild!  And I totally agree, the iPhone cameras have gotten incredibly good over the years, I use mine daily as well.

Edited by Sal

Here is slow motion video shot with an iPhone of the bees bringing in that maple pollen from above. It really is that light green color. And some bees have a cool looking pink pollen I have yet to ID.

I really do use my good cameras sometimes, I promise, but some of my favorites come from phone.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Here is slow motion video shot with an iPhone of the bees bringing in that maple pollen from above. It really is that light green color. And some bees have a cool looking pink pollen I have yet to ID.

I really do use my good cameras sometimes, I promise, but some of my favorites come from phone.

That is SO COOL.  Do you keep bees too?

3 minutes ago, Sal said:

That is SO COOL.  Do you keep bees too?

Yes, my primary occupation is as a beekeeper but I am not a honey producer. I sell honey bees to other beekeepers. Over the next couple of months I will produce and sell between 50 - 100 colonies of honey bees.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yes, my primary occupation is as a beekeeper but I am not a honey producer. I sell honey bees to other beekeepers. Over the next couple of months I will produce and sell between 50 - 100 colonies of honey bees.

Wow, that's so awesome!  Bee keeping is something I could definitely get into, but I already have way too many hobbies, hahaha!

33 minutes ago, Jungle Fan said:

A few more.IMG_0353ac-Edit.jpeg.c3752d38cac061440b47a5c84222eb58.jpegIMG_0945.JPG.706868249fc86e8aceb9786870714956.JPG1152348331_BlueDarnerDragonflyinMidflighta-Edit_output.jpg.424f33afac6181fefd6128ef3f45a31c.jpg

Fantastic photos @Jungle Fan !!    I am always trying to get shots of the dragonflies/damselflies at our cabin!  They're so fascinating to me.  

Here is one damselfly I managed to snag before it flew off - they are so fast!!  

PHP_5430j.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Birding is probably my main passion. Not so good at using DSLR, but got a basic Nikon D3500 with a Nikon DX 55-300mm lens, tripod, etc. Few photos from this past year.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.40.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.37.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.38.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.39.21 AM.png

Beautiful birds!!    I am forever wanting to get a really good zoom lens so I can get better bird shots too.  These are awesome @Fish Folk

21 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Birding is probably my main passion. Not so good at using DSLR, but got a basic Nikon D3500 with a Nikon DX 55-300mm lens, tripod, etc. Few photos from this past year.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.40.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.37.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.38.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.39.21 AM.png

Snow goose, evening grosbeak, scarlet tanager, and European starling? Those pictures look amazing by the way.

@SalTry to get damselflies closer to the water's edge on rocks, or leaves they often take a break there. I used to shoot them on my way back after getting pictures of green herons, or black crowned night herons at day break, or whenever I used to take sunrise pictures of lakes here in the mountains. Got some great shots as well when I took that alligator picture in the duckweed in Texas. Dragonflies in flight took me two years to perfect my method of getting good shots, I studied them while I was sitting in a blind waiting to take pictures of otters, beavers, and Virginia rails.

The last two of the green fly on the cornflower, and the growth on a sandbank are some of what I call my "Zen shots".

IMG_2711ac.jpg

IMG_4415ba_edited-1.jpg

IMG_8195-Edit.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jungle Fan said:

@SalTry to get damselflies closer to the water's edge on rocks, or leaves they often take a break there. I used to shoot them on my way back after getting pictures of green herons, or black crowned night herons at day break, or whenever I used to take sunrise pictures of lakes here in the mountains. Got some great shots as well when I took that alligator picture in the duckweed in Texas. Dragonflies in flight took me two years to perfect my method of getting good shots, I studied them while I was sitting in a blind waiting to take pictures of otters, beavers, and Virginia rails.

The last two of the green fly on the cornflower, and the growth on a sandbank are some of what I call my "Zen shots".

IMG_2711ac.jpg

IMG_4415ba_edited-1.jpg

IMG_8195-Edit.jpg

oh no!  I can't give out any more reactions today, lol, but these are awesome too!!  

• Thanks 1

Canon user

5D full frame, 7D MarkII Crop Sensor,  100mm 2.8 Macro  70-200 IS L 2.8.  17-40mm. 85mm1.8   Nifty 50.  Kit lenses

I have learned from reading online and joining forums.

Looking for Mama 2.jpg

My Future matters (1 of 1).jpg

Kody face fix.jpg

Linda Yellow Rose Long 2***********_ copy.jpg

Waterfall Watershed ****** Holmes.jpg

Owl Black and White Holmes.jpg

Parasol Mushroom LR Final ***.jpg

Edited by Trish
  • Like 6