Cereal Substrate

looks like extra large "nerds" candy . . . 

Maybe there'd be a way to make everything else in the aquarium drab, so that the substrate could be the great shiny! Bronze crypt . . . wood . . . grumpy floaters . . . there's got to be a way to make it look unnaturally good

• Like 1

I have a friend who has a particular style with home décor.  She can really take all those pieces of furniture that you see at the store and say "uh... who would want THAT?" and make it work in spectacular fashion.  No doubt there are probably a handful of souls out there that can take that box of Trix and work it into something magical.  Not me... but somebody... else...

Put a bunch of solid black fish on it, the sort that are hard to photograph on a darker background. Make the hardscape sort of mid century modern white sputnik shapes with an island of valisnaria in the center, arranged in a rimless cube tank on a chrome stand in the middle of a monochromatic ultra modern room.

It would still be the antithesis of what I normally try to create, but that is the only type of thing I can imagine, other than the typical "kids room" tank, where it clearly needs a castle and a unicorn and a guppy named Gloria.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dawn T said:

Eesh. Reminds me of the gravel I pulled out of a 10g tank that was given to me. Ick. I've ended up it as the base in planter pots where I don't have to look at it. (See attached photo) LOL

20210302_184131.jpg

I would pick all the green ones out...:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brandy said:

Put a bunch of solid black fish on it, the sort that are hard to photograph on a darker background. Make the hardscape sort of mid century modern white sputnik shapes with an island of valisnaria in the center, arranged in a rimless cube tank on a chrome stand in the middle of a monochromatic ultra modern room.

It would still be the antithesis of what I normally try to create, but that is the only type of thing I can imagine, other than the typical "kids room" tank, where it clearly needs a castle and a unicorn and a guppy named Gloria.

😂😂😂 Gloria!!  😂😂😂