Guppy floating sideways

KaitieG

Hi All,

I noticed just this morning that one of my male guppies is floating near the surface on his side with his tail drooping into the water.  His gills are still moving and he can swim upright for a few seconds but then starts floating on his side again.  No visible spots/issues.  I treated everyone for parasites before moving to the big display tank and had seen no signs of them since treatment (about 2 months ago).  One female who gave birth within the last couple days has a long white piece of poo this morning.  So parasites back?  2 separate issues?  Everyone else is looking good.  Only changes this week were adding floating plants and a couple more crypts.  Anything I can do?

Parameters:

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 10

GH 300

KH 150-200

It could be a swim bladder problem I would Qarantine and not feed for a couple of days and add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons and then feed some crushed deshelled peas also lower the water level in the Qt tank so it can swim easy

Thanks for the help.  He died.  Everyone else is still looking good this morning, so I'm going to assume it was A. Old age (he could have been up to 2--not sure b/c several look exactly the same) or B. he got picked on by someone.  If I start to see a pattern I'll investigate further.

• Sad 2