Easy Green is so easy!

Just stopping by to say what’s probably obvious, but here it goes anyway: I didn’t think it was a big deal to get out a pipette and my two ferts (one from the fridge and one from the cabinet) and pipette the required fertilizer into my three setups twice a week. Or at least I didn’t think it should be a big deal but I kept putting it off.

Now I have Easy Green. I just pick it up and squirt the fertilizer into each tank. I have no desire to put off dosing anymore because it’s so easy!!! I get to feed my plants and feel productive and it takes maybe 30 seconds and no coordination. I don’t even have to shake it!

I have chronic health issues so keeping things simple can be a big deal for me. I’m super happy to finally have Easy Green because it means my plants will get their food even when I’m not feeling well. 

Just another way the coop has made my life better. Thanks @Cory and team!

• Like 5

I agree those dosing pumps make things pretty easy. I’m definitely one of the few, though that don’t use it. I didn’t like that it splashed the water all over the place on certain occasions. Pipettes for life! You may bring the hate now. Lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OceanTruth said:

I agree those dosing pumps make things pretty easy. I’m definitely one of the few, though that don’t use it. I didn’t like that it splashed the water all over the place on certain occasions. Pipettes for life! You may bring the hate now. Lol.

Have you tried one of the new bottles with the black pump instead of white?  I opened my first one a week or so ago, and the fertilizer has much less pressure when it comes out of the spout.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JettsPapa said:

Have you tried one of the new bottles with the black pump instead of white?  I opened my first one a week or so ago, and the fertilizer has much less pressure when it comes out of the spout.

No, I haven’t actually. Thank you for that info. I’ll give it a try on my next order!

Since you have eco complete in there, your plants probably have enough nutrients for now. If you add too many nutrients to the tank, algae will grow to eat up the excess. So if it were me, I would wait maybe as long as another month or two before adding ferts to the water column. But let your plants guide you. If they look like they’re missing nutrients, that’s a good time to feed them. You can use the coop’s guide to nutrient deficiencies here:

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/pages/plant-nutrition