Jump to content



Recommended Posts

There are different types of cyanobacteria, but some types do produce neurotoxins that have been known to cause dogs to die, usually from exposure at lakes or ponds where there is an active bloom occurring. I for one would 100% make sure my pets weren't drinking water with a cyanobacteria outbreak occurring. They also aren't great to expose yourself to, but as long as you wash your hands, aren't drinking the water, and aren't exposed to it repeatedly for a number of years I doubt it would cause you harm. There is research that is linking neurological disease to aerosolized cyanotoxins in people that live near regularly occurring cyanobacteria blooms.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...