The new fish room and studio build thread.

Cory

On 10/14/2020 at 10:39 AM, Cory said:

Definitely people have stopped by. The property was in really bad shape a few years ago. The person we bought it from got it back into shape mostly and we are continuing on that.

As for car I containers, there are some other homes in the neighborhood that have them. Lots of RV parking/garages and that type of stuff on peoples property because we are out of the way a bit and it’s commonplace compared to living in the city. Everyone does a good job of planting trees or privacy fences around the cargo containers to dress them up.

We have 2 cargo containers, instead of a garage...I was hoping they would have graffetti painted on them because it'd look cool, but didn't..Actually, we thought they were leaking, but it was major condensation. So, dehumidifiers are a must. Thanks for all the updates!

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Andrew Puhr said:

When do you think we will see another video of the ongoing construction? I remember on previous videos that Jimmy got some drone footage and Bob got some footage in the pond. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, DavidR said:

What will the cargo containers be used for? Just storage or something else fish related?

They'll be storing extra packing materials and products for the warehouse. We want to keep increasing our fill rates and reduce product outages. 

Maybe this would be something for your business channel, but some behind the scenes info about using your personal property for your (I assume incorporated) business would be interesting. Does Aquarium Co-op pay you rent? How annoying is it to track personal vs business expenses, etc. How do the costs compare vs traditional storage or warehouse space?

Looks awesome!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mikehurley said:

Maybe this would be something for your business channel, but some behind the scenes info about using your personal property for your (I assume incorporated) business would be interesting. Does Aquarium Co-op pay you rent? How annoying is it to track personal vs business expenses, etc. How do the costs compare vs traditional storage or warehouse space?

Looks awesome!

I had the same questions but felt awkward asking if it was too personal. I was curious as well if the co-op bought the property and then you leased the home or how that process went since the studio is part of the business/brand but the home is for personal use. Also want to know how much from the old studio is being brought over to the new studio. 

• Administrators

With the business structure we have, and basically anyone who isn’t big business c Corp, There is no reason to lease a space to yourself when you own the business and the property. 

let’s say I charge $3000 a month for the studio to the business. $3000 goes into my personal account after billing it etc. If I don’t charge myself $3000 for rent, that leaves $3000 in profit at the end of the year which gets paid out to me with no extra paperwork. I also don’t have to prove that none of the studio space is used for non business stuff. 

As for what’s moving, all the fish, tote ponds, 800g computers, art and trinkets. Possibly some tanks depending on what size I decide.