The new fish room and studio build thread.

Cory

On 8/25/2020 at 9:27 PM, Cory said:

Some of you may heard in the live stream we bought a new house so that we could get away from our current neighbors who made it impossible to film outside pond content. We also need more space to store aquarium coop products for the warehouse. 

We had been “looking” for like 8 months for the perfect space but our requirements were odd, needed a building for a studio, fish room and storage and away from neighbors while still being close enough to town for good internet.

Here are some pics snapped quickly with my cell phone of the starting space. And 1 picture of the view from today that my wife took.

None of the stuff in these pictures is ours, they were from a day when we had an inspection done.

now the task of getting this space ready, then moving the fish room and selling our old house is ahead of us. 

487CB411-4B78-4A88-AE50-FC0582AF3034.jpeg

3C2E6448-6673-476B-BF6B-7AFCE887FC90.jpeg

9503E024-963A-4224-84D6-6DD83EA8D602.jpeg

A102926D-D527-4509-84C2-710C253EDE6D.jpeg

6348E041-6879-4E04-882D-0FC8AD19A42F.jpeg

B6BF5581-AB21-4665-9D6D-54F081C8DB95.jpeg

This is amazing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cory said:

Replacing the 2 garage doors with walls and the concrete footer put in to enclose the outdoor space. Moving right along.

You have restored a symmetry to that room. Very cool. Have you ever communicated with the original architect?

Edited by Streetwise

On 8/25/2020 at 10:22 PM, Streetwise said:

The view looks great! The wood paneling looks great. That bar structure with lighting looks super-useful. It would make a great spot for product demos and even small tank builds. That ceiling access looks great for hiding wiring and cameras. You could capture every angle.

That big garage actually has room to park cars in it! 😉

Here is an idea that might not be too crazy: plumb that lawn into your water-change system.

Congratulations on a great new spot, and the freedom that comes with it. Plus the hard-water well!

Assuming Cory is on a septic system it will have to be used as water for an irrigation system. all that water going through a septic system will kill it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Andrew Puhr said:

Are you going to try to match the wood shingling on the outside or is that a next year project?

Yep, we are matching, if you look at the first photo of the latest  updated, near the left wall all the cedar shingles are piled up. Trying to get all construction done early so there are no disruptions in youtube content down the road 😉

Cory are you installing some form of ventilation for the containers. I have a couple of containers with car parts in them. Now I live in Ottawa, Canada but they get very musty inside. I don't have any organic material inside like cardboard etc. just the wood floors they came with and pallets to keep everything off of the floor. I installed a 6" air intake vent at one end of the container and a 110 cfm bathroom fan at the other end run off a humidity switch and have never had a problem since.

Edited by 32Chop
spelling
  • Like 2

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Andrew Puhr said:

Impressive at the speed you are going with the projects.  How many cargo containers are you going to be able to hold on that pad?

Going with 5 green ones that’ll need to be craned into place then painted.