The new fish room and studio build thread.

Cory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 1:04 PM, quirkylemon103 said:

how is the fishroom doing?

Cory just posted about his last aquarium build for the urban fish farm. Can't wait to see what the mystery fish/animal he plans to add is!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, Cory said:

Spent the whole weekend working on it. Got flooring mostly done. Installed one of the desks and made 3 tables and a coffee table as well. Made some good headway.

Need to mop and clean up the new floor but more people will be in and out as we continue to work on it.

758E195D-24D7-4BD0-930E-4E79CE917CDB.jpeg

19579332-8496-4499-9345-05092643E005.jpeg

81ACED9B-BC0A-4793-8E2F-F13B702375FF.jpeg

@CoryWhat type of flooring is this?  Is it also installed in the fish room?  I'm looking for flooring to cover a tile floor in my basement before installing racks.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:37 PM, MichaelA said:

@CoryWhat type of flooring is this?  Is it also installed in the fish room?  I'm looking for flooring to cover a tile floor in my basement before installing racks.

Check out rubber horse stall mats. Your local Tractor Supply or other farm and ranch store should sell them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2021 at 10:46 PM, Pete said:

Check out rubber horse stall mats. Your local Tractor Supply or other farm and ranch store should sell them. 

Great idea Pete, I know exactly what you are talking about.  I helped someone struggling to load them in a trailer at my local farm store a few years back.  I have been looking at gym mats, but they do not seem durable enough.

• 1 month later...

I have really enjoyed watching the videos that you and Dean create while doing this build!  I know it would be much faster for you to just focus on what you're building, but you take the time to explain the how and why to us!  Thank you, so much!  😀

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 5:44 PM, Streetwise said:

From what I read, @Cory is busy with retail expansion at the local spot.

New videos are still posted weekly.

She rocks!

The young Cory! 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:44 PM, Streetwise said:

From what I read, @Cory is busy with retail expansion at the local spot.

Has he officially announced the expansion? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 4:42 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

If I'm not mistaken, that tank will be the new Murphy tank 

Yup, but that’s a pretty big tank for one fish, even one Murphy’s size. I’m sort of wondering if any of the larger fish they hand collected in Peru will be joining him. 

• Like 1

That is quite the steel [frame] for Murphy's tank.

If I am remembering correctly, Cory discussed the fish and plants he was considering for Murphy in one of the livestreams?

My brain is still not as reliable, but I believe it was discussed around the time of the Peru trip...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yesterday @Bob and I caught the rosy barbs out of the 800g. Also removed a couple of the decorations and planted some plants. Next up, I want to add another row of lights from the ceiling as I am enjoying the shimmer.

Rosy barbs were nipping at Ladybird's tail. The Juruparis are now more active and coloring up more, I think the rosy barbs were harassing them too.

IMG_0199.JPG