The new fish room and studio build thread.

• Administrators

Some of you may heard in the live stream we bought a new house so that we could get away from our current neighbors who made it impossible to film outside pond content. We also need more space to store aquarium coop products for the warehouse. 

We had been “looking” for like 8 months for the perfect space but our requirements were odd, needed a building for a studio, fish room and storage and away from neighbors while still being close enough to town for good internet.

Here are some pics snapped quickly with my cell phone of the starting space. And 1 picture of the view from today that my wife took.

None of the stuff in these pictures is ours, they were from a day when we had an inspection done.

now the task of getting this space ready, then moving the fish room and selling our old house is ahead of us. 

487CB411-4B78-4A88-AE50-FC0582AF3034.jpeg

3C2E6448-6673-476B-BF6B-7AFCE887FC90.jpeg

9503E024-963A-4224-84D6-6DD83EA8D602.jpeg

A102926D-D527-4509-84C2-710C253EDE6D.jpeg

6348E041-6879-4E04-882D-0FC8AD19A42F.jpeg

B6BF5581-AB21-4665-9D6D-54F081C8DB95.jpeg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was at the new place to take a few shots of the progress. Got to fly the drone too! Very exciting stuff on the way. 🙂

Haven't even moved in, already getting trolled. 

Those are some big outdoor mini ponds.

Posted Images

The view looks great! The wood paneling looks great. That bar structure with lighting looks super-useful. It would make a great spot for product demos and even small tank builds. That ceiling access looks great for hiding wiring and cameras. You could capture every angle.

That big garage actually has room to park cars in it! 😉

Here is an idea that might not be too crazy: plumb that lawn into your water-change system.

Congratulations on a great new spot, and the freedom that comes with it. Plus the hard-water well!

Edited by Streetwise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a greta space. The Corvette lover in me would have tried to get the car included in selling price! Can't wait to follow along as you build out the new fish room and studio, if I lived out that way, I'd volunteer to help move tanks.

• Like 2

Wow that looks like it'll be great! So much room for tanks! And a pond! Have you ever considered a recreation pond? I want to build one eventually at our house so that I can swim with koi, because that's a dream of mine. 

The wood paneling looks great, and that nice long bar, oh that's gonna be a great room to lounge and be cozy in. 

7 minutes ago, yannachka said:

i guess its time we help furnish the new place 😂 ill get started on my painting right away. what do you prefer? a boudoir neon tetra or some abstract, van gogh guppies?

Titanic style: "paint me like one of your french guppies" 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, BlackLabelCarling said:

Titanic style: "paint me like one of your french guppies" 

im not the greatest painter but i think we can work that concept in. i think cory needs a new centerpiece painting for the fishroom anyway

• Administrators

Slow and steady wins the race. Unless that’s your internet connection lol. I spent all day last Friday with internet installers to get 4 connections out to the new fish room. The 4 combined total 100 download but only 10 upload. Should be just above the minimum to live stream to YouTube. The picture is of @Bob and I learning how to bond the connections together with a special router.

958D562F-B72C-40AF-A0AE-21D5D3E89D1B.jpeg

Love that spacious view! What city will you be in? Any plans for African cichlids with all that well water? (You know I'm a sucker for Rift lake fish!) Our current house is too small for anything larger than a 40, so I'm currently settling for a pair of angels in a nice planted community.

• Like 1

Moving house - Huge !!!

Setting up a Fish Room - Huge !!!

Setting up a Studio - Huge !!!

Cory " Alriiiiiight!!! Let's do em all at once guys!!"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by T1mmus82
  • Haha 2