Could anyone help ID what may be wrong with new False Julii Corydoras & Otto?

MollyMomma

1 hour ago, Colu said:

Red patches are sign of bacterial infection I can't see the white fuzz in the picture it could a secondary fungal infection if you have ich x that treats some types of fungus and it can be used with maracyn  it takes time for the meds to work he won't get better over night it might take a week or two before he starts to show improvement

I can't take a clear photo of the fuzzy raised area sorry, I tried. He is still resting in the coconut hut. You mentioned it might take a while for an improvement, I'm worried that he might just not make it through the treatment. Yes I have Ich-X I purchased the smaller bottle- just to have on hand when I QT new fish.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, Colu said:

Red patches are sign of bacterial infection I can't see the white fuzz in the picture it could a secondary fungal infection if you have ich x that treats some types of fungus and it can be used with maracyn  it takes time for the meds to work he won't get better over night it might take a week or two before he starts to show improvement

It got really bad his whole side turned red & he had a huge fungus ball there, I checked on him Tuesday at 2:00am he was alive, peeked in tank at 7:00am while I was getting my daughter ready for school.. And he was dead. 

4 hours ago, Colu said:

Sorry to hear he didn't make it

Thank you, I think it was bacterial Septicemia with a secondary fungal infection. I read up on it & did some research, it says Nitrofurazone like in API-FURAN 2, would treat it. But my other Cory looks a lot better, there is one poorly looking Cory left from the order- but the barbells are regrowing, so i stopped using MARACYN, I added Indian Almond leaf, and 50% WC every other day, seems to be helping. I still cannot get the Maracyn froth on the aquarium surface to go away, I contacted fritz, they said continue WC & patience, and to turn down air stones/sponges if it is really bad.

So hopefully the other Cory continues to improve!