REPASHY * COATED * ALGAE WAFERS ​🥣​ ​🐸​

I give my fish this treat, from time to time.

It is made by using your favorite Repashy food with a *surprise* algae wafer center.

I have many extra, eye contact lens cases that are only used for this application.  They are about the right size for me and clean up easily.

The final product easily pops out of the mold (when cooled) for simple tank distribution.  A lot of fun to make, too.  🐟

Usually make a bunch at a time and off to the refrigerator or freezer they go, for proper storage.

IMG_0724.JPG.44aae61e802eb3fba34189f833b0dab7.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG.61fde494970ce2f677692f06980afb4f.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG.1983849bbdfbb464dd89e206607fa00b.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG.bf001d47c85a088562e5507bdfeda94b.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG.790aa2be2a492626dd88f6cf06e4ce41.JPG

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Cory said:

Does the wafer hold up inside? or is it soggy? Or too soon and haven't fed yet? 😛

@Cory, The way I pour the liquid into the molds is at a somewhat cooler temperature and have work fairly quickly, since it "sets-up" fast, as you know.  That was one of my concerns as well, regarding possible sogginess, but the inner portion of the wafer appears solid to me. 

I remember watching one of your Repashy videos awhile back and I said to myself, I have to try this product.  All my live-bearing fish go crazy over this stuff.  

I will note that the larger Hikari wafers seemed to hold up better to higher temp than the Xtreme ones, but it's a matter of preference, I suppose.  

I especially like to use the "Community Plus", with the algae wafers .  Sort of the best of both worlds, etc.  Thanks for commenting.  😉

@ADMWNDSR83, The one bottle does say "Soilent Green".  Repashy is a great product that comes in many blends.  @Cory, sells it on the Co-Op website.

2 minutes ago, ForestJenn said:

I love it!  How do your fish react?  Do the treats disappear over night?

@ForestJenn, Generally, the food is eaten rather quickly.  I have a moderate to heavy stock level in my aquariums, so it is usually gone the same day.  My live-bearing fish go bonkers over this stuff. Seems pretty nutritious as well.  😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 3:14 AM, Dawn Dare said:

Wow I love this idea! I’m going to make this super treat for all my fishies.

@Dawn Dare,  Glad you found the information useful.  As a note, I have been trying other mixes together with the Repashy gel base;  I.E. Hikari Crab Cuisine & Zoo Med Banquet Blocks.  They have worked well for me.

I like to try different things with my fish food, lol.  😊

Edited by DaveSamsell