Whoa. No, I am sorry I have to disagree. That looks like the beginning of anubias rot. If you have any other anubias in the tank remove it and do a couple of large water changes. 

Anubias rot will leave the rhizome rotten and the stems die while the healthy looking leaves stay intact. It is not catching to non-anubias, but I have had it wipe out a whole tank of them...twice now, sadly. It is the one plant I do actually quarentine now.

9 minutes ago, OceanTruth said:

@Brandy No need to apologize. I’m always open to the fact that I could be wrong. Where on the plant are you looking? I can’t seem to focus on what you and the OP are referring to.

The first 2 pics are "before". The rest show the shaggy/smushy surface of the rhizome, and the leaf loss, which is characterisitcally at the base of each leaf where the leaf joins the stem. I know those pics seem blurry, but that is actually what the plant will look like in real life--blurry. The back side of the top leaf shows some deterioration too. 

@Cincykid If the rhizome stays firm then this could just be adaptation. But if it is soft at all, you will want to cut away all the soft parts, rinse well, and let it recover in a tank with no other anubias. I have succeeded with about 1 out of 8.

If you bought it recently, depending on the company policy, you should probably ask for a refund.

Edited by Brandy
  • Like 2