Can I add another electric blue acara

GreenWrld

Hello,

I have a 55 gallon tank.

stocked with a blood parrot, an electric blue acara , 5 boesemani rainbow and 6 congo tetra, and a small bristlenose pleco

I was wondering if i can add another EBA. nitrates currently arent an issue, and aggression is not a problem either. 

thx

I don't think that you should add another electric blue acara, but it really depends on how much cover and filtration you have. In my opinion, I don't think you should add another one but its all up to you.

I have 2 EBA in a 40 breeder. They are a mated pair. They have corycats and some cull guppies in with them. They so far don't eat adult guppies, but they eat the fry which is my goal. They had a second female EBA in there and I had to rehome her. She was not welcome, but they are not agressive to the corys unless they get within a few inches of eggs or fry. Even then, it is more like a firm "Move along there!" than "The time has come for you to die!" 

I would say you can have one more, but not more than that. They really seem to only be agressive in a serious way toward something small enough to eat or another EBA.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Also...just because I am a nerd, the thumbnail for this thread is an Electric Blue Ram. Not an Acara. Pretty sure that "algorithm" that picked that is a little off. Not sure what the magic is there. 🙂

Better?

• Haha 1