New Aquarist with I need this for my tank or fish syndrome

Klivingston

Hi, I have had my aquarium going on four months now. My tank is fully cycled and had crystal clear water with a few annoying white particles I couldn't get rid of. I do weekly water changes as well as vacuuming the gravel. I've read about all kinds of products that claim to do this and that for your tank and I fall victim to them all. Recently, I've bought Seachem Purigen, Seachem Pristine, and API Stress Zyme to see if they would get rid of the floating particles in my tank. I used them all at the same time with my latest water change (smart of me, I know) and now my water is cloudy, the opposite of what I thought would happen. I think it is due to a bacterial bloom from the Pristine and the API Stress Zyme. I've changed the water several times to no avail and I have recently read that changing the water could make things worse. I'm not sure if I should use a water clarifier like Seachem Clarity or not. Should I leave it alone for a few days and see if it clears up on its own? My fish don't seem stressed, and all my water parameters are within range.

Pictures would be helpful.... But If your fish seem fine AND your parameters are fine...  I would just calm down and  give it a couple weeks..   Relax on the additives... your tank will find it's own balance... one of the biggest mistakes new aquarists make is trying to 'fix' everything right away with another product...   just chill.. 😄

• Like 3

For sure!  Nothing good happens fast in this hobby.... just keep an eye on your parameters and your little inhabitants....  nuisances will come and go...  some things may not be pleasing to our eyes..  but as long as your tank is healthy, thats what matters....   cheers, mate

• Like 2