Starting a new aquarium club

Simi

On 4/28/2021 at 2:31 PM, ererer said:

@MJV Aquatics @Andy's Fish Den if you're part of a local club that's doing zoom meetings or at least has an active mailing list, you can try out this site to do virtual auctions: https://auction.fish/

It was started by a local club member here, and we've had several different clubs, most in the NE but some in other parts of the country using it for local and regional auctions. It's pretty easy to use, and then you can meet in-person following covid protocols to exchange fish.

One of the clubs I am a member of, the Ohio Cichlid Assoc. did an auction the spring using that site. I checked it out, but did not participate because I couldn't make it the day they had set up for swapping purchases and sales. 

Another club that I am in is having a swap meet in a couple weeks. We are having it at a large venue so that sellers can be spread out, and also so if it goes good, and once some of the covid restrictions are lifted, we should be able to put more vendors in the same amount of space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I wish there was something in my area in West Virginia. The state has two FB pages, but there is no talk of fish or aquariums; they are only talk or post if people wants to sell, trade, or give away. I tried several times to start a conversion with no luck, but they post and respond every time i am give away 

• Sad 1