Phinny

I'm new to the hobby and am unfamiliar with variety of frozen foods out there - brine shrimp, daphnia, cyclops, bloodworms, etc. Is there a resource/blog article that explains what types of food should be used in which situations or the pros/cons of each?  Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, James Black said:

I feed frozen blood worms to all my fish, most fish will eat it in my experiance. @MJV Aquatics may have a blog about this.

That's a great idea for an article that I don't currently have in the blog. Frankly with a couple of hundred growing fish, for cost reasons, I don't use much commercial frozen foods beyond the occasional frozen brine shrimp.

In addition to a blend of high quality flake food, I culture micro worms, white worms, and daphnia, as well as collect lots of mosquito larvae in season. I think I will add scuds in the spring. Of these, the white worms are the most prolific and the fish just go nuts for them!  🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Black said:

I feed frozen blood worms to all my fish, most fish will eat it in my experiance. @MJV Aquatics may have a blog about this.

Daphina/ Cyclops are more popular in the saltwater hobby then the freshwater, but none the less freshwater fish will still eat this.

I feed the same except for my convict chiclid who refuses to eat anything but brine shrimp