Vallisneria alive but not thriving.

I received my Val back in Nov. It has been planted since. I did notice at first that the old leaves were dying and have had some new growth but that is about it. I have 3 plants and they are all doing about the same. Just hanging out and not much of anything else. I give them each a root tab every couple of weeks and the entire tank gets EZ Green weekly. Was really hoping it would take off and I could order more to really get the jungle look going. I live in Oklahoma and have extremely hard water and am curious if that might be inhibiting the Val. I have looked into dwarf sag to replace the Val. What do you guys think I should do? Keep waiting and see if it takes off? Replace it? Other opinions?

This is a 75g planted tank. The amazon swords, anubias, dwarf aquarium lily, crypt lucens, and pogo. stellatus octopus are all thriving and growing very well in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Its Hutch said:

I received my Val back in Nov. It has been planted since. I did notice at first that the old leaves were dying and have had some new growth but that is about it. I have 3 plants and they are all doing about the same. Just hanging out and not much of anything else. I give them each a root tab every couple of weeks and the entire tank gets EZ Green weekly. Was really hoping it would take off and I could order more to really get the jungle look going. I live in Oklahoma and have extremely hard water and am curious if that might be inhibiting the Val. I have looked into dwarf sag to replace the Val. What do you guys think I should do? Keep waiting and see if it takes off? Replace it? Other opinions?

This is a 75g planted tank. The amazon swords, anubias, dwarf aquarium lily, crypt lucens, and pogo. stellatus octopus are all thriving and growing very well in my opinion. 

Wow, I have the exact same problem. My water is also really hard and I have ferts, root tabs and co2 but my vals still don't grow

23 minutes ago, Cory said:

I'd try dosing some more easy green in the water column. When you are at 0, this can limit growth. I try to keep 20ppm at all times in a planted tank.

Thanks for the tip Bossman. I will try dosing Easy Green twice a week and back off a little bit once I finally get some more fish in the tank.