Are there benefits to higher hatch rate brine shrimp eggs?

CT_

Besides the obvious: more BBS, is there an advantage to having 90% hatch rate eggs vs 80% or 75%? Going from 75% to 90% you'd get 20% more hatches but is there a reason to pay more than 20% more for that?  Are they more nutritious?  Hatch faster?  last longer?  Secret option D that I can't think of?

Edited by CT_
typos

I guess the way to figure it out would be to do the math. Just to make it easy for comparison, say you get 100,000 hatched per gram and it costs $2 per gram with Brand A, the cost is $2 per 100,000 hatched. Say you get 75,000 hatched per gram at a cost of $1 per gram with Brand B - that is a cost of $1.33 per 100,000 hatched. But then add in your time and expense (salt, air, light) to hatch the additional 25,000 to make it a truly even comparison of cost per 100,000 hatched. 

26 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I guess the way to figure it out would be to do the math. Just to make it easy for comparison, say you get 100,000 hatched per gram and it costs $2 per gram with Brand A, the cost is $2 per 100,000 hatched. Say you get 75,000 hatched per gram at a cost of $1 per gram with Brand B - that is a cost of $1.33 per 100,000 hatched. But then add in your time and expense (salt, air, light) to hatch the additional 25,000 to make it a truly even comparison of cost per 100,000 hatched. 

You raise a good point.  In that scenario can i just add 33% more eggs from the 75,000 batch to make it a 100,000 batch with zero extra effort?

So, I checked online prices, and the one place that i could find that had multiple grades you actually paid more per hatchling for the LOWER grades.  weird.  I guess the question is moot if its always better to buy the top grade ones, unless there's a reason to prefer low hatch rates.

Perhaps its just a matter of supply and demand and cheapskates are driving up the prices of the low grade stuff to irrational levels?