Stocking and plants

Bethily777

Opinions?

38 gallon tank established 2 years.  I have an angel fish, 3 glofish tetras and 2 albino Corys.  While I realize the tetras and Corys both need more friends, I don’t want to replace the fallen friends as I’m ready for something different.  With what is already in my tank, what are some suggestions?  I’m definitely thinking 6 juul Corys. I have a bunch of snails but the angel is snacking on them so they won’t last. I want shrimp but I need more plant coverage I think.

also I have 2 java moss mats I put in just the way they came soI can grow them out some. All plants are new since January so all are babies.  A Christmas moss bridge, several anubias, 2  crypts, the octopus plant in 2 bunches, a floating water sprite, 2 moss balls, 2 dwarf lilies and a vallisneria. Sounds like a lot but my tank still looks naked.  I don’t know if I should buy more plants or wait for these to grow and see how they do first?  

CA4357A3-0A55-4498-883B-0CF073E04C32.jpeg

6 minutes ago, James Black said:

The angelfish will defentley snack on the little shrimp. Shrimp such as amano shrimp or bamboo shrimp should be fine with an angelfish. I am a little confused by your question, are you wanting to completly re-stock or just add more fish?

I guess add to what I already have because there is nothing else I can really do.  I love my friends, I just don’t want to add the same things.

It is hard to go wrong with any of the Tetras.  I would suggest a small school of Ember or Bloodfin Tetras. A few SAEs won't hurt either.  Any group of active swimmers will dress up a naked tank.  In my tanks, the Italian Val seems to be very happy and the Anacharis will put out roots into the water column  for addition interest.

The tetras you have are genetically modified white skirt tetras.  You could add some regular white skirt tetras and/or black skirt tetras, which would give you more variety while also giving your existing tetras some feelings of security since they'd have more of their own species in the tank.

If you want something completely different I've had good luck with serpae tetras, lemon tetras, black neon tetras, and pristella tetras.