Dwarf Gourami being picked at

Chewyrat77

I have a 10g QT tank with mollies, platies, variatus and one dwarf gourami. I noticed after about a week of the gourami being in there that a few of the other fish where picking at his head on both sides and then he developed white patches that looked basically like sores starting to develop but was red like an open sore. I placed the gourami in a breeder box to isolate him from the nipping and stress. He is now healed up. Do you think this could be because of only being in a 10g tank with not much cover and this will subside after they all get moved to the 125g with a decent amount of cover/plants?

4 minutes ago, Chewyrat77 said:

I have a 10g QT tank with mollies, platies, variatus and one dwarf gourami. I noticed after about a week of the gourami being in there that a few of the other fish where picking at his head on both sides and then he developed white patches that looked basically like sores starting to develop but was red like an open sore. I placed the gourami in a breeder box to isolate him from the nipping and stress. He is now healed up. Do you think this could be because of only being in a 10g tank with not much cover and this will subside after they all get moved to the 125g with a decent amount of cover/plants?

Sorry I meant to put that they where NOT red like an open sore.