I have some holes starting to show up on my Hygrophila Siamensis I dose the 75 gallon 7 pumps once a week with the East green. I was reading more and this plant takes a lot. Should I dose the equivalent twice a week or maybe daily? Is is there anything else? It’s the only plant besides a few buce leaves with holes. 

thank ya! 

I have a similar question about Easy Green. I have mostly plants that feed from the water column (Annubias and Java Fern) in a 40 gallon breeder with a Fluval 3.0. I have the lights on auto for a planted tank 7 hours a day. I was dosing Easy Green 4 pumps daily and the liquid carbon daily. Even so, my plants are developing holes in the leaves, and I have hair algae. So I dialed back to Easy Green once a week, 4 pumps, but I’m worried because even some new frogbit is developing holes. I’m just struggling to find the right amount of fertilizer and the right dosing frequency. I wondered if I need more flow, but I tried the smallest circulation pump, and the fish really seemed to struggle with it, so I turned it off. Does anyone have any tips on how I can do this better? I’m considering running CO2. Thanks you!

C8D43EE4-DD51-48BB-AEF7-A11176D35778.jpeg

2C6B7DDE-DEFE-4ABD-BDAC-02D49D691AA8.jpeg

7EFD5308-5703-4093-898F-62DDB0CA5EB3.jpeg

7C7A1B73-1F5C-464F-B770-B88B081130D2.jpeg

Edited by Nicole
Added plant names
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicole said:

I have a similar question about Easy Green. I have mostly plants that feed from the water column (Annubias and Java Fern) in a 40 gallon breeder with a Fluval 3.0. I have the lights on auto for a planted tank 7 hours a day. I was dosing Easy Green 4 pumps daily and the liquid carbon daily. Even so, my plants are developing holes in the leaves, and I have hair algae. So I dialed back to Easy Green once a week, 4 pumps, but I’m worried because even some new frogbit is developing holes. I’m just struggling to find the right amount of fertilizer and the right dosing frequency. I wondered if I need more flow, but I tried the smallest circulation pump, and the fish really seemed to struggle with it, so I turned it off. Does anyone have any tips on how I can do this better? I’m considering running CO2. Thanks you!

C8D43EE4-DD51-48BB-AEF7-A11176D35778.jpeg

2C6B7DDE-DEFE-4ABD-BDAC-02D49D691AA8.jpeg

7EFD5308-5703-4093-898F-62DDB0CA5EB3.jpeg

7C7A1B73-1F5C-464F-B770-B88B081130D2.jpeg

What are your water parameters at? in particular your nitrates? The algae could be caused by an excess amount of light, it seems that you don't have a lot of high light plants so I would dim the lights. 

Here is a thread where forum members share there fluval 3.0 lighting settings, perhaps one of the settings will be the right setting for your tank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My water parameters are okay. My nitrates do hit 40 on Saturdays, but then I do a 50% water change every Saturday. I think you are right about needing to dial down the lights. What do you think about the fertilizer. Do you think once a week is enough to support these plants? Thanks for sharing the link to that thread about the lights. I’ll will check it out.

Edited by Nicole
Added thank you

4 hours ago, James Black said:

What are your water parameters at? in particular your nitrates? The algae could be caused by an excess amount of light, it seems that you don't have a lot of high light plants so I would dim the lights. 

Here is a thread where forum members share there fluval 3.0 lighting settings, perhaps one of the settings will be the right setting for your tank

Thank you for the referral to this thread. I found Bentley Pascoe’s YouTube videos about the Fluval 3.0, and wow, no wonder I have algae. I have been hitting low light plants with high light.

• Like 1