Does my guppy have fungus?

Yanni

Hi everybody! I have 2 pairs of red dragon guppies, just recently, I noticed that one of the females had some weird thing on the side of her body. It doesn't seem to affect her but I don't know what it is. All the guppies are eating and active. I live in California so the water is pretty hard and the ph is around 7.5-7.8. I got the fish from a breeder nearby and his fish are all really healthy. I feed my fish a huge variety of food and I do 50% water changes every week. The water parameters are: Ammonia- 0ppm, Nitrite- 0ppm, Nitrate- 20pm I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if the fish has a disease or if its part of its body? If it does have a disease, what disease would it be? 

IMG-1678.jpg

IMG-1676.jpg

IMG-1675.jpg

IMG-1674.jpg

Hi everybody! I have some guppies and one of the females developed this gray patch on her side. I put her in a quarantine tank and used some aquarium salt (1 tsp for 2 gal).  At first, I thought it was fungus, but as it progressed, it's starting to look like columnaris. I'm super confused on what I should treat this fish with. I don't know if I should go out and buy something to treat columnaris, or if I should treat for fungus. The patch on her side has progressed to look like a grayish-white path. It's right under her dorsal fin but I don't have any idea what disease she has. The patch looks like the scales are pineconing, I don't think it's dropsy because she isn't floating and she isn't bloated. It's just that particular patch under her dorsal fin has started to look like it's pineconing. So I'm just wondering what disease my guppy has, also, what should I use to treat her? (Sorry for the bad pictures) Thank you in advance!

IMG-1674.jpg

IMG-1678.jpg

IMG-1676.jpg

IMG-3567.JPG

IMG-3567.JPG

I would treat with maracyn 2 it doesn't look like fungus on the head  columnaris is gram negative bacterial infection so maracyn2 or kanaplex treat gram negative bacterial infection it could something else going I would treat the main tank just in case it is columnaris is highly infectious be careful to disinfect aquarium equipment so you do spread to other tanks

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

That really looks like Dropsy, from the top view. I haven't had success treating that. I tried the Kanaplex/Furan 2 mix, to which the fish remained the same, with no improvement for 6 days or so. In the interim, it was suggested to me to try a medication called ciproflaxin. I ordered it immediately, and it came the next day.

Sadly, within 30 minutes of the first ciproflaxin treatment, the fish died. I took the mindset that dropsy required an all out effort, so I came to terms with the fact that I really tried. But man, I really second guess that use of ciproflaxin.

Good luck.

• Like 1