my neighbor gave me a clown loach. what to do?

i have nowhere to put it longterm. its in quarintine now because it has ick, velvet, and fin rot (poor thing) the best thing i got is a 50 gallon mbuna tank. my family is absolutely in love with this fish and i dont know how to rehome it without them getting angry at me. i would love to put it with my cichlids long term but i want to get rid of it before it gets huge. thanks

1 hour ago, brighamthatcher said:

i have nowhere to put it longterm. its in quarintine now because it has ick, velvet, and fin rot (poor thing) the best thing i got is a 50 gallon mbuna tank. my family is absolutely in love with this fish and i dont know how to rehome it without them getting angry at me. i would love to put it with my cichlids long term but i want to get rid of it before it gets huge. thanks

Perhaps if you can get it healthy, your local fish store will take it?

• Like 2

How big is the clown loach that you have? They will grow somewhat fast for the first 6months - 1year, but other then that it will take 2, 3 years to reach its max size. Depending on the size of clownloach a 50 gallon should be fine for a year or two. You should also get him some friends.

Here is a video:

• Like 1